Monday, September 26, 2011

Getting Busy

Time should start to fly by a little faster now for the both of us. Jon's work schedule has changed, again! He is now working a funky 24 on, 48 off, 24 on, 48 off, 24 on, 24 off, 24 on, 72 off. I know it's confusing, but it allows them more long breaks...which in turn means we cna get out an do a little traveling. Then again, Tracy is now working-Not as a nurse! Since there are only 2 nursing positions on this base (and I have applied for both, and interviewed for 1 so far with no decisions made yet), I signed up to be a substitute teacher (Crazy idea)!
Well, the phones have been ringing. Last Thursday, the phone rang 4 times for dates for subbing. Today was my first day subbing, and it went well. Before I could even get out of the office, I was given 3 more dates in the coming week...not a bad start, 8 dates scheduled for $101 a day!
Between teaching and coaching, I am sure time will begin to fly. I should also find out in the next few weeks if I have a college class to teach as well....if so, that is 2 nights a week of teaching for 8 weeks!
I am starting to think that my Master's degree in Nursing should be in Education (seems to be working so far)!

The swim team that Tracy is Head Coach of, is getting ready for the first meet of the season (the season here is October-May). I will be taking my 3 assistant coaches, as well as 30 swimmers to Sasebo Naval Base on October 15, for a meet. Unfortunatley Jon has to work a 24 on the 14th, as well as the 16th, so he can't go with me, but at least he will have a quiet house for the day! (Tracy leaves base at 0545 to go to Sasebo, and is scheduled to return after 9pm)

Other than that, not much is going on here. The weather is starting to change to cooler. We had a Tropical Storm pass-by last week, and it brought much needed cooler temperatures with it. It has been in the mid 70's daily, with a cool breeze. We have been able to turn off our air conditioning, as well as open all the windows with the decreased humidity....thank goodness.
This weekend is Jon's first 72 on the new schedule, so we are hoping to get away for a long weekend, but we will see. The game plan right now is to go camping at the beach, but a probable storm out in the ocean may change our plans. If it does, we will find something to do....

No comments:

Post a Comment