Sunday, September 4, 2011

2011 Marine Corps Ball

Here it is, my official 2011 Marine Corps Ball Dress. Yes, this is the official color as well. I was invited to attend the 2011 Semper Style event held on base. This was women-only event held at the BX (Base Exchange). It was a fun night with models showing the new trends in ball dresses, there were professional fittings, hair and make-up demonstrations, (I actually got a professional make-up makeover), and then there was the "custom" option. The BX teamed up with Cynthia-styling, and offered custom dress options, which is where I found this dress. I was torn between 2 colors at first, black and dark navy blue. The day that I went in to order my dress, I saw it in watermelon (which was cute) and this, daffodil. I could not resist it, I had to have daffodil. Even Jon agreed that daffodil was the color. So I did it, I ordered my dress in daffodil yellow. It should arrive here on base sometime in October. Now to start figuring out what to do with my hair. For those that don't know, I went and had 3 inches cut off, as well had my hair thinned...it was time!

No comments:

Post a Comment