Monday, August 1, 2011

Update....garden pics too!!

So I planted 7 zucchini seeds 8 weeks ago...this is one of my plants

These are all of the flower buds on 1 plant.....multiply this by 7
Good thing my neighbors are excited for zucchinis!
I am going to be making so many zucchini recipes...I think next year I will plant 1 seed!

Little frog I found in the cucumber plant
He is cute at this angle

Not so cute...he did not have a happy face either
Jon kept saying "don't touch him, he is probably poisonous...it is Japan remember"
How can I forget!

Seriously, these plants are on steroids...or radiation

Jons new truck
The Suzuki Mini-Cab

Ugly little bug eyes


They call this a truck....
It is 4 speed manual transmission
No AC, No power steering
He just had to have it...












So not much new going on over here on our side of the world. We got rid of the "Jalopy" van that we were given, and we became a 1 car household....that lasted a week. A Suzuki Mini-Cab truck was posted for sale, and Jon jumped all over it, why I don't know.
The truck is a 2 seater (that's all we need), manual transmission ((I don't know how to drive it), and it has NO A/C and NO power steering...piece of crap!
Any who...so we now have 2 cars again, and don't plan on buying anymore, unless one of them dies, explodes or falls into the ocean (it's a possibility).
We haven't done too much lately, as Jon's work schedule is constantly changing. He was working nights, then switched to days, then went back to nights, and for the next 2 weeks is on the range.
This week he is on the rifle range here on base. He has to check out an M-16 rifle every morning, and then walk from the armory to the range (not authorized to have an M-16 in the car...I don't know why!)
Next week he will catch a flight to Okinawa, where he will be on the rifle range and be shooting for points.
At least that is the plan...we will see if the weather allows that, as Super Typhoon Muifa is approaching Okinawa. Currently it is tracking to hit Okinawa on the 4th of August. Notice I highlighted Super, yea this is projected to be a biggun!!
If you want to follow the storm track, click on the link below. It is for the Joint Typhoon Warning Center out of Hawaii. Once on the site, click on the TC Warning Graphic under Current Northwest Pacific/North Indian Oceans...thats us.

http://www.usno.navy.mil/JTWC/

If you want to see what our weather is here, as well as another way to look at Typhoons in the area, take a peek at Weather underground. The site posts the weather via the metric system, so to convert Celsius to Fahrenheit, multiply it by 1.8 and add 32...or find a conversion chart online to make it easier.

http://www.wunderground.com/global/stations/47764.html

Well that is all for now...I have to work on some projects I have started. I purchased my own sewing machine the other day, and started playing with it. So far I am in the middle of making blackout curtains...a must when the sun comes up at 0430am!!
Pics to follow when I am done!!


No comments:

Post a Comment